16 September 2019

Book Promotion


As a self-published author, I have struggled to find ways of promoting my book.  I’ve had some good reviews from my readers, but I think that most book sales are likely to come from word of mouth.  Many people are reluctant to read a book from an unknown author unless their book has lots of positive reviews.

In an effort to try something different and introduce my book to a wider audience, I had some bookmarks printed earlier this summer and I’ve been distributing them through various locations, including a local hotel, bakery, restaurant and even the yarn shop where I attend a knitting group.

I’m not sure if this has resulted in many sales, but I did have two lovely ladies ask to buy copies when I was at the knitting group a couple of weeks ago, so I like to think that at least it is getting the word out there.  Who knows? Maybe the tourist who picks up a bookmark during a visit to PEI might be my next new reader.  Hopefully, they will also respond to the message on the reverse and leave me a review on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment